Basic WSUS 3.0 SP1 troubleshooting
When i check the log under c:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log i get the following error "Error 0x80072efd occurred while downloading update; notifying dependent calls"
- Solution to this is as follows
- go to RUN and type "gpedit.msc" on the client PC and check if server name/IP is correct or not.
- If you have installed a new Anti-virus/Firewall, check if it has blocked any ports (which may have blocked the updates)
- Clear the BITS queue
- Click on start -> run
- Type "services.msc"
- Select "Background Intelligent transfer service", then restart this service. (stop and start resolved my problem)
- Run the ClientDiag tool. you can download it from http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/7/6/976d1084-d2fd-45a1-8c27-a467c768d8ef/WSUS%20Client%20Diagnostic%20Tool.EXE